Who here is a fellow caffeine addict?! I’m a solid 2-cup a day gal, but every once in a while, I try to spice up my morning coffee routine and make it a bit more protein packed. This coffee and cashew delight, is creamy, full of natural protein, and a splash of ice cold almond milk. Its clean, vegan, and a great way to start your day.
Coffee and Cashew Smoothie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 1
- ½ banana, peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup cashews (soak in water for at least 6 hours prior. I soak a batch before bed so they are ready in the morning)
- 1 tablespoon cacao
- ¼ cup of fresh brewed coffee (cold)
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 cub unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tablespoons coconut sugar (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately and enjoy!