Apply To Be A PointePeople Mentee
- A young, aspiring dancer between the ages of 12-18, passionate about the #FeelGoodDanceBetter movement of PointePeople?
- Looking to connect with a network of like-minded, motivated students and professional dancers around the world?
- Seeking additional guidance on your technique and career path from professional dancers who have extensive experience?
If this sounds like you, keep scrolling.
PointePeople is looking for driven, enthusiastic dance students to be paired up for one-to-one mentorship with some of the very best professional artists in the world to learn how to take care of their bodies and minds as young artists, as well as improve their dance technique.
In this completely free, application based program, you’ll gain valuable insight into the life of what it's like to be a professional artist while also receiving monthly one-to-one training from the comfort of your home.
PointePeople Mentees can apply to be mentored for the Fall Semester (September 8, 2020 - December 31, 2020)
HOW MENTEES ARE SELECTED
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive group of Mentees & Mentors. PointePeople Mentees are selected by PointePeople in collaboration with Mentors. We assess you on a number of criteria including, but not limited to, your goals for the semester and career aspirations. Moreover, to make this a successful relationship between a Mentor and Mentee, we lean on our Mentors to determine who will be the best match for them at that time. As the list of Mentors is limited and the application process is competitive, we highly encourage those who are not selected the first time to continue to apply for future semesters.
What is NOT part of the selection criteria is the following: race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or disability or body type. Additionally, we do not choose Mentees based on their social media following.
- Work collaboratively with your Mentor to schedule monthly meetings
- Attend virtual Master Classes with Mentors
- Uphold the PointePeople brand honorably on social media through your words and actions
- Must be between the ages of 12-18 as of December 31, 2020
- Capable of (and excited to) work well virtually with your Mentor
- Highly motivated to improve and enthusiastic about dance
- Interested in all things dance
- Avid follower of the PointePeople community
- Receive one virtual private with your Mentor per month (4 total)
- Have "Coffee Chats" with your Mentor via Zoom (4 total)
- Expand your network in the dance world by taking class with other PointePeople Mentees
- Build lifetime friendships with talented professionals in your industry
OUR FALL 2020 MENTORS
CLASSICAL BALLET MENTORSHIP
CONTEMPORARY BALLET MENTORSHIP
CONTEMPORARY & CHOREOGRAPHY MENTORSHIP
JAZZ & PERFORMANCE TECHNIQUE MENTORSHIP
The application process is now closed. Check back in November 2020 for the Winter 2021 application!
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com