5 Incredible Benefits of the Superfood Ghee for Dancers
So what IS Ghee? It is clarified butter made from the milk of cow or buffalo. While traditionally, it has been used in South Asian cooking, most recently, the Western world is learning about the benefits of this superfood and adopting it in its diet. It can be substituted in many recipes that call for other oils or butter. What can it do for you?
1. Ghee provides consistent energy: Ghee is rich in medium chain fatty acids, which are absorbed directly by the liver and burned as energy. Dancers can use ghee as a consistent energy source.
2. Ghee contributes to a healthy immune system: Ghee is rich in butyric acid. Research shows that adequate production of butyric acid supports the production of killer T cells in the gut and thus a strong immune system. Dancers need to be ready for an audition at the drop of a hat; Ghee helps in building a rock-solid immune system that will keep you prepared.
3. Ghee is an anti-inflammatory: Ghee’s richness in butyric acid also plays a role in reducing inflammation in the body and digestive tract. The toll that continuous dancing can take on your body can be alleviated through incorporating ghee into your diet.
4. Ghee promotes strong bones: Ghee is rich in K2, which supports proper development of bones and protects teeth against decay. Dancers need a strong body structure that can support their incredibly taxing routines; ghee promotes strong bones that can provide the support you require.
5. Ghee is a source of mental positivity: Ghee is considered one of the most Satvic foods, in Ayurveda - a system of medicine with historical roots in the Indian subcontinent. Satvic foods help in promoting positivity and growth of mind. Busy schedules - from the studio, to auditions, to competitions - can also take a toll on a dancer’s mind and spirit; Ghee will help you eliminate negative emotions and keep you mentally strong.
For some delicious recipes using ghee please follow links below:
Herrington, Diana; Fritz, Randy. "15 Amazing Benefits of Ghee." 15 Amazing Benefits Of Ghee | Care2 Healthy Living. Www.care2.com, n.d. Web. 05 Feb. 2017. <http://www.care2.com/greenliving/15-amazing-benefits-of-ghee.html>.Axe, Josh. "Ghee Benefits Better than Butter?" Dr. Axe. Www.draxe.com, 06 Dec. 2016. Web. 05 Feb. 2017. <https://draxe.com/ghee-benefits/>.