Hello everyone, I'm Phallyn! (also known as Phallerina)
One thing everyone knows about me, is that my life revolves around ballet. As I train six days a week, I aspire to one day be apart of a professional ballet company. These days it's truly a challenge to keep myself motivated, especially seeing other dancers who are much more successful than me. Yet, each day I train and aspire to be better than the last because it's no good to compare yourself to others.
Since we are all in this competitive world of ballet, in which we all dream of looking and dancing like Sylvie Guillem, we must take good care of our bodies. Although, it may seem as if we are only allowed to eat one almond a day, as dancers, we should nourish our bodies with healthy food that we love eating. I'll be the first to say, I'm not the best in the kitchen or with nutrition, but these pancakes are super easy, healthy and quick - even I can make them! They're great for long days at the studio or just a lazy Sunday relaxing.
I hope you enjoy my "Vegan Chocolate Pancakes". If you have any questions, feel free to message me on Instagram!
Don't forget to subscribe to PointePeople's blog and follow us both on Instagram: @ThePhallerina and @PointePeople and tag us in your own healthy recipes!
Vegan Chocolate Pancakes
Measurements (Makes around 10 five-inch pancakes)
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic 6 Multi-Grain Pancake Mix
- 1 Tablespoon cacao powder
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Cup almond milk or any non-dairy milk
- maple syrup
Steps to make these delicious pancakes (or waffles!):
1. Start by heating a skillet over medium-low heat
2. In a large bowl, pour pancake mixture and cacao powder, stir
3. Take a small pot or a bowl, heat up coconut oil so it's liquified
4. Add non-dairy milk, coconut oil to pancake mix; stir until smooth
5. On the heated pan, place a 1/4 t of coconut oil, spread throughout pan
6. Pour the pancake mixture onto the pan, you may make the pancakes as large or as small as you'd like
7. Let each pancake cook for 2 minutes on each side or flip sides when you see bubbles on top of the pancake
8. Plate your pancakes and stack with toppings to your hearts desire!
9. Devour and enjoy!